With all the exciting and “manly” activities that are available in the world, men, generally, want to live a longer life. Because of this, there’s a rapid growth in the production of synthetic medicines, which are available for both men and women. The problem with these types of medicine is the fact that you may be prone to side effects or negative complications in the long run. Not to mention that it may also counteract with the current medication or supplement you’re taking.
Fortunately, men all over the world no longer need to heavily rely on synthetic medicine. As a matter of fact, there are plenty of alternatives, either naturally-produced medicine or simple exercises, that are capable of preventing muscle pain, maintaining libido, providing a healthy body and mind, and others.
To guide you, here are four alternatives that men can try to maintain their health:
As one of the many cannabinoid chemicals found in marijuana, Cannabidiol (CBD) provides plenty of benefits to men. The misconception, however, is that as it came from marijuana, CBD may produce the “high” feeling associated with the plant. As a clarification, CBD is incapable of producing such effects because the cannabinoid responsible for that feeling is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). In fact, CBD is said to provide the opposite effect!
If you’re curious about this “wonder compound,” here’s how CBD may benefit you:
- Anxiety-relief: Cannabidiol works together with your body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is a network of receptors in the body responsible for regulating both the immune and nervous systems, as well as other functions. As CBD is activated by the body’s ECS, it’ll produce a calming effect on the brain, reducing anxiety and stress. This is made evident by a review that shows how oral doses of CBD are effective in reducing anxiety.
- Better sex: Both health practitioners and avid users have been using CBD to improve sexual performance and erectile dysfunction (ED). However, there’s still no established proof that CBD is indeed capable of helping a man’s sex life. But, one theory suggests that because CBD may be capable of relaxing a man’s blood flow, it could promote long-lasting and better sex.
- Post-workout soreness: As mentioned earlier, there’s a concern about synthetic medicines being used, especially when managing soreness due to workouts or sports. This is the reason researchers are looking for safer alternatives. Fortunately, CBD may be a promising candidate due to its anti-inflammatory properties, making it beneficial for those who practice contact sports.
Due to these benefits, high quality CBD for human consumption and even the best CBD for cats, and dogs, have graced the shelves of wellness centers, major drugstores, and pet supply shops!
What’s special about walking as a form of alternative in maintaining one’s health is the fact that it doesn’t require any special equipment, which makes it economically practical.
Walking promotes good blood circulation, giving you a healthy boost without straining your body. In addition to this, it also exercises your weight-bearing joints, which is really beneficial for men struggling with arthritis.
Thus, if you have to make a short trip, such as picking up your partner, why waste your car’s fuel when you can perform a low-impact exercise and enjoy the fresh air outside instead?
An hour or two on the yoga mat may not be in every man’s mind when they think of alternatives to maintain their health. However, it’s important to note that yoga isn’t just about improving flexibility, but it can also improve strength, sex life, cardiovascular health, coordination, and more.
In addition, a regular yoga practice may sharpen one’s mental focus and help ward off toxins from the body. Also, if you don’t want to hit the gym, yoga allows you to take a break from heavy exercises yet you’ll still remain active, helping your muscles recover and be ready for your next workout at the gym.
Replace Junk Food
Nowadays, there are plenty of diets that promise a healthy lifestyle. This causes people to fail as the majority of these diet plans focus on restriction instead of replacement. Eating healthily doesn’t mean dieting or restricting yourself, but it just means eating better food.
To help you out, here are some common, unhealthy kinds of food and drinks which men crave, along with their alternatives:
- Soda: Excessive soda consumption is dangerous to one’s health, especially as it’s linked to weight gain. As an alternative, try consuming green tea because it’s said that it reduces the risk for diabetes, heart disease, and obesity.
- French Fries and Potato Chips: Potatoes, generally, are healthy. But, when soaked in oil, they’ll begin to lose their nutritional balance. Not to mention that oily fries and chips are linked to weight gain in both men and women. As an alternative, if you’re craving something crunchy, try eating fresh baby carrots. If you’re craving something salty, go for almonds as these will satisfy your salt craving and provide additional protein and fiber to your diet.
Talk To Your Doctor
As you can see, there are plenty of alternatives to maintain one’s health. In fact, this list is by no means exhaustive. Thus, to find the best alternative that’ll suit your lifestyle, it’s best to resort to a doctor who can recommend healthy practices that you can do once a week.