Do you use Wegovy pens to lose weight? As a breakthrough medicine in the fight against obesity, Wegovy has proved effective in helping individuals lose weight sustainably. These pens are used to administer this injectable medication, which requires proper technique to ensure safe and efficient delivery.
The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey or NHANES shows that over two in five adults (42.4%) are obese, and about one in eleven (9.2%) are severely obese in the USA. In this blog, we will walk you through injecting Wegovy pens step-by-step, emphasizing the purpose and important safety measures.
What is Wegovy?
Prescription weight-loss medication Wegovy (semaglutide injection) is intended for use by adults and adolescents who are obese or who are overweight and have a medical condition connected to their weight. Wegovy semaglutide injection helps people lose weight and keep it off by controlling their appetite and cutting back on calories.
Wegovy is categorized as a GLP-1 receptor agonist medication. Synthetic GLP-1 receptor agonists mimic the effects of the naturally occurring hormone GLP-1, which controls appetite by influencing many brain regions. When wegovy semaglutide injection is taken, it stimulates the brain’s GLP-1 receptors. This reduces hunger, which in turn lowers calorie intake and facilitates weight loss.
The best results from this wegovy injection for weight loss will be seen when combined with a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity.
Note: Wegovy is administered weekly via subcutaneous (under the skin) injection.
What Is the Purpose of Wegovy?
Wegovy is an anti-obesity medicine that has been approved by the FDA. It is used by people 12 years and older to control their weight long-term, along with a low-calorie diet and more exercise.
Wegovy should be used when:
- Obese, with a BMI of almost 30 kg/m2 or more. Body mass index (BMI) is a number that tells you about your weight and height.
- Overweight (BMI of 27 kg/m2 or more) and have health problems caused by your weight, such as high BP (blood pressure), type 2 diabetes, or high cholesterol.
Pediatric (for kids over 12): Obese (first BMI at/above the 95th percentile for age and sex) Patients with type 2 diabetes use Ozempic (a weekly shot under the skin) to lower their blood sugar levels. Some people with type 2 diabetes take Ozempic to lower their risk of having a major heart event.
How Should I Administer Wegovy Pens Safely?
Read the directions that come with your medication and take this drug exactly as your doctor tells you to. Before you start taking this medicine, your doctor or nurse should show you how to use it.
Here are the steps you should follow:
- Using a pen-like device, Wegovy is shot under the skin of the stomach, upper arm, or thigh. You shouldn’t put this medicine into a muscle or vein.
- This medicine should be taken once a week, at the same time of day, on the same day each week.
- Wegovy injection is taken with food or on an empty stomach.
- Don’t make a shot until it’s time to give it. If the medicine looks whitish or cloudy, call your pharmacy.
- If you decide to change the day you give your weekly injection, start your new plan at least two days after your last injection.
- Change where you shoot yourself each time. You put in the same part of your body every week, but you should always use a different spot. Do not give an injection where the skin is sore, red, hard, or swollen. Don’t put needles in places where there are scars or stretch marks.
- The amount is already set on your Wegovy pen, and it is only used once.
- The needle will not be seen because the needle cover is over it.
- When you’re ready to use the pen, take off the cap.
- If you touch or push on the needle cover, you could get stuck by the needle.
- To give yourself an injection, press the pen tightly against your skin and hold it there until the yellow bar stops moving.
- If the yellow bar doesn’t start to move, press the pen against your skin more tightly.
- During the shot, you’ll hear two clicks. When you click 1, the injection has begun. When you click 2, the injection is still going on.
- Do not take the pen off your skin until the yellow bar in the pen window has stopped moving. If you take the needle out too soon, you might not get the whole dose.
- When you take the pen away from your skin, the needle cover will close. You can’t stop the shot and start it up again at a later time.
- After using the Wegovy pen, put it right away in a sharps container that has been approved by the FDA. Do not put the pen in your trash.
- People who are blind or have trouble seeing shouldn’t use the Wegovy pen on their own. Instead, they should get help from someone who knows how to use the pen.
Safety Measures For Wegovy Weight Loss Injections
Below are the precautions while using wegovy weight loss injections:
- Don’t Share Your Pen: Wegovy weight loss injections are only for one person to use. Don’t give them to other people.
- Attend Regular Check-Ups: Keep all of your planned appointments with your doctor or nurse so they are able to track your progress and talk to you about any worries.
- Get Medical Help for Side Effects: Get medical help right away if you have serious side effects or allergic reactions.
- Keep Out of Reach of Children: Put Wegovy weight loss injections and other tools in a safe place that children can’t get to.
When you buy Wegovy from Canada, the best place to buy Wegovy online is from the best Canadian online pharmacy. You are sure that they are real, of good quality, and meet strict government standards. Also, it is delivered right to your door, which saves time and gives you peace of mind.
Using Wegovy pens for weight loss is a big step towards a healthier, happier life. When you use the correct injection techniques and safety precautions, you are taking care of your health. It’s important to be consistent and go to your regular check-ups with your healthcare provider to stay on track.
If you have any worrisome side effects, get medical help right away. Make sure to keep Wegovy pens away from children and safely dispose of them. If you use Wegovy consistently and correctly, it helps you reduce weight in a sustainable way.