Creating a rounded edge iPhone mockup is crucial for designers to preview their apps, websites, or promotional materials in a realistic environment. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide:
- Select your base image: Choose an iPhone image with clear details and a transparent background.
- Open the image in a graphic design software: Popular options include Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, and Illustrator.
- Select the screen area: Use the selection tool to outline the screen.
- Apply rounded corners: Depending on the software, there may be a specific tool or effect to round the edges.
- Place your design: Import your design, such as an app interface, and position it within the screen area.
- Save as PNG: Ensure that you save your file as a PNG to maintain the transparent background.
Best Websites for Downloading Rounded Edge Smartphone PNG Images
In need of a high-quality smartphone mockup with rounded edges? Here are some top websites to consider:
- Mockup World:
- Description: A vast collection of free mockups, including a plethora of smartphone mockups.
- Website: Mockup World
- Description: Offers a wide range of graphics, including free smartphone mockups. Make sure to check the license details for each download.
- Website: FreePik
- Description: Designers often share freebies here, including mockups. Using the search function can lead you to specific rounded-edge smartphone mockups.
- Website: Dribbble
- Description: Similar to Dribbble, many designers post their projects and sometimes offer free download links for mockups.
- Website: Behance
- Description: Offers a wide selection of free mockups, vectors, fonts, and more, including smartphone mockups.
- Website: Unblast
iPhone Mockup PNG with Curved Screen Free Download
Getting a free iPhone mockup with a curved screen has never been easier. Websites like Freebiesbug and MockupFree offer a plethora of options to fit any design need.
Finding Free iPhone Mockups:
- Mockup World: One of the most popular websites for all kinds of free mockups, including various iPhone models.
- FreePik: Offers numerous free graphics, including iPhone mockups. Just ensure that you adhere to the licensing conditions.
- Dribbble: Many designers share free mockup resources here. Search for “free iPhone mockup” and browse through the results.
- Behance: Similar to Dribbble, designers often share free resources, including device mockups.
- Unblast: This website also offers a collection of free high-quality mockups, including iPhones with curved screens.
- PSDRepo: Another great site that has a collection of free PSDs, including iPhone mockups.
Making Your Own iPhone Mockup in Photoshop:
- Start with a High-Resolution Image: You can start with a high-resolution image of an iPhone. Make sure you have the right to use the image, especially if it’s for commercial purposes.
- Cut Out the Screen: Using the Pen Tool or Magnetic Lasso Tool, accurately trace around the screen to select it.
- Create a Clipping Mask: Place your app screenshot layer above the iPhone layer. Right-click on the app screenshot layer and choose “Create Clipping Mask”. Your screenshot will now only be visible within the shape of the iPhone screen.
Round-Edged Smartphone Outline PNG for App Development
For app developers, having a round-edged smartphone outline can assist in visualizing how the app will appear on actual devices. These outlines can be found on platforms like Sketch App Sources and Free Design Resources.
. Open Adobe Photoshop:
- Start a new project by going to File > New.
- Set the canvas size based on your desired resolution, e.g., 1080×1920 pixels for a typical smartphone display.
2. Draw the Smartphone Outline:
- Use the Rounded Rectangle Tool from the toolbox.
- On the options bar at the top, adjust the radius to determine how rounded you want the corners to be. The higher the value, the more rounded the corners.
- Click and drag on the canvas to draw the outline. You can hold the Shift key while dragging to maintain equal width and height.
3. Customize the Outline:
- To adjust the outline’s thickness, double-click on the shape layer and modify the Stroke settings.
- To change the color of the outline, adjust the Fill setting.
Designing a Mobile App Using Curved Edge Device Mockups
Designing a mobile app requires careful consideration of how it will look on actual devices. By using curved edge device mockups, you can ensure that your design translates well onto smartphones with rounded displays.
Understand the Design Context:
- Research Device Trends: Stay updated with the latest smartphone models and their screen designs. Devices like the Samsung Galaxy series and newer iPhone models have distinctive rounded edges.
- Know Your Audience: If a significant portion of your audience uses a specific model or brand, ensure your design complements that particular screen shape.
2. Choose the Right Mockup:
- High Quality: Ensure the mockup is of high resolution. This ensures clarity when you’re showcasing your design to clients or stakeholders.
- Versatility: Opt for mockups that come in different formats (PSD, Sketch, etc.) to suit your design software.
3. Design Keeping Safe Areas in Mind:
- With curved edges and notches on some devices, there’s a potential risk of important UI elements getting obscured.
- Keep critical interactive elements, text, and icons away from the very edges of the display.
4. Importing Your Design into the Mockup:
- Open your mockup in a graphic software tool like Adobe Photoshop or Sketch.
- Most mockups are layered, allowing for easy import of your design. Look for a layer named something like “Place your design here” or “Screen.”
- Copy and paste your app’s screens into this layer. Ensure the design fits snugly within the curved edges of the mockup.
How to Photoshop Rounded Edges onto Phone Screens?
Photoshopping rounded edges onto phone screens can give your designs a more realistic look. Start by opening your image in Photoshop, then:
Select the Rectangle Tool and draw a shape over the phone’s screen.
Adjust the radius setting to create rounded corners.
Use the shape as a mask over your content.
Open Your Image in Photoshop:
- Launch Photoshop and open the image containing the phone whose screen you wish to round.
2. Select the Phone Screen:
- Use the Rectangular Marquee Tool (shortcut
M) to draw a selection around the phone screen. Try to be as precise as possible to only select the screen area.
3. Round the Corners:
- With the selection active, right-click inside the selected area.
- Choose Transform Selection from the dropdown menu.
- In the Options bar at the top, you will see small square icons that allow you to adjust the shape of the selection. Click on the rounded rectangle icon.
- Now, you’ll see a Radius option appear. Enter the desired value for the corner radius (e.g., 20px). This will determine how rounded the corners will be. Adjust according to your preference.
Transparent PNG of a Phone with Rounded Corners for Website Design
For web designers, having a transparent PNG of a phone with rounded corners can elevate the visual appeal of websites. This is especially useful when showcasing app interfaces or mobile web designs.
Benefits of Using a Transparent PNG for Website Design:
- Professionalism and Realism: Displaying your digital product on a realistic phone mockup can add a touch of professionalism to your portfolio or product showcase.
- Versatility: With a transparent background, the PNG can be placed against any backdrop without clashing, ensuring it blends seamlessly with your site’s design.
- Showcase Mobile Responsiveness: For web developers and designers, it’s vital to show potential clients that your design or product is mobile-friendly.
How to Use a Transparent PNG of a Phone in Website Design:
- Download or Create: You can either create your own transparent PNG of a phone using graphic design tools like Adobe Photoshop or download it from various online resources.
- Integration with Web Design: Depending on the website platform you’re using (like WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, etc.), there will be different methods to integrate the PNG. Typically, you’d upload it as an image and position it where desired.
- Overlay Designs: Place app interfaces, website designs, or other graphics onto the phone screen. This can be done using design software or even directly within some web platforms.
- Interactive Elements: Some websites take it a step further by making the phone mockup an interactive element. For instance, as users scroll down, they can see an app’s features demonstrated on the phone screen.
Whether you’re a graphic designer, app developer, or marketer, using rounded-edge smartphone mockups can greatly enhance the way you present your digital products. They provide a realistic environment, ensuring that your audience sees your designs in the best light possible.