Today we’re talking about fitness! Certain foods can help you deal with flabby muscles and keep your body toned. But, of course, this is subject to regular exercise. Proper nutrition can only speed up the process of transforming your body.
We present to your attention some useful recommendations, which can help you adjust or re-create your daily menu. You should include those products in your diet that can make your body slim and fit. By the way, they are also suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
How To Have Toned Body?
For your body to be slim, fit, and healthy, you must adhere to a balanced diet and do not forget about physical activity. Here are some tips for you:
1. Refrain From Alcohol
Consuming alcoholic beverages trigger appetite-enhancing hormones. Thus, it makes you overeat, harming your physique. If you want to keep your body toned, the first thing you need to do is give up alcohol consumption.
And if you have an alcoholic friend, who is striving hard to get a fit body and spending hours in the gym, you should help him too. Convince him that without giving up alcohol, he won’t be able to reach his goal. Now the question arises what should you do if he does not agree? Can you force an alcoholic into rehab center?
So the answer is yes! There are involuntary rehab centers that take addicts who do not want to get the treatment but there are some rules you need to follow. Getting sober will reduce the risk of developing serious diseases and keep you fit.
2. Choose Healthy Protein Sources
When it comes to the health and beauty of our muscles, the first thing to note is the importance of proteins. You just need to know which ones fit best. The presence of a large number of proteins in the body contributes to weight loss and a decrease in waist size.
- Red meat: This type of protein is most conducive to musculature (muscle building). But you should consume it in moderation, as excess leads to the development of cardiovascular diseases.
- White meat: A good alternative if your goal is not to build muscle, but to maintain its strength and elasticity.
- Fish: Fish, both red and white, are also high in protein. Only white fish is less oily.
- Chicken Egg: Egg white is, as the name suggests, the most protein-rich part of an egg. Therefore, omelets are best prepared from two egg whites and one yolk.
- Milk and dairy products: We recommend choosing low-fat products. And best of all without added sugar, for example, cottage cheese. It pairs well with natural sweeteners such as honey.
- Legumes: This is the main source of plant-based protein, which is very beneficial for health. If you don’t like them because they cause gas, then try cooking them with cumin. Or you can make a paste out of them by grinding or chopping them in a blender.
- Nuts: They are best eaten raw or dried, but not fried or salted. Another good option is to make a cocktail with nuts (you get a sort of vegetable drink) or a sauce.
- Mushrooms: This is also a rich source of plant-based protein, very healthy, and, most importantly, versatile. After all, mushrooms go well with pasta, rice, vegetables, meat, etc.
3. Add Only Healthy Fats
Fats, along with proteins, are a vital element for the correct functioning of our entire body. However, if you want to prevent them from accumulating in your body and prevent your muscles from losing their tone, you need to replace saturated fats in your diet with healthy ones. Healthy fats include:
Top-quality vegetable oils: Olive, coconut, sesame, linseed, wheat germ oil, etc.
- Nuts such as macadamia, peanuts, and almonds.
- Chicken eggs
- Seeds: sesame, pumpkin, linseed, and sunflower seeds
You should not consume unhealthy fats as they harm your body’s function and well-being. Replace them with healthy fats and get a toned body.
4. Add Healthy Carbohydrates
The most suitable carbohydrates, in this case, will be the following products:
- Fresh seasonal fruits
- Raw and boiled vegetables, as well as salads, cocktails, and smoothies made from them
- Whole grains: Rice, quinoa, or wheat
- Whole grain flour (do not abuse)
- Starch: potatoes, bananas, etc.
Remember that restricting the carbohydrates in your diet is not a healthy approach. You should completely abandon them but replace them with healthy ones.
Recommended Dietary Supplements
The following nutritional supplements also have the ability to tone the body and keep muscles in good condition. Add them or not to your diet, of course, you decide. Everything here is very individual.
- Brewer’s yeast
- Wheat germ
Balanced Diet Menu
Based on the set of products we recommended, we compiled a sample menu for you:
- Breakfast: Whole grain toast with honey, cottage cheese, and seeds
- Snack: A handful of nuts and one piece of fruit of your choice
- Lunch: Chicken with stewed vegetables
- Snack: Yogurt with nuts
- Dinner: vegetable soup or scrambled eggs
Here’s an option for those who don’t eat meat:
- Breakfast: a smoothie of yogurt, banana, and nuts
- Snack: Corn tortillas with cheese
- Lunch: Whole wheat pasta (durum wheat) with mushroom sauce and parmesan
- Snack: Whole-grain toast with nut butter (no salt)
- Dinner: Quinoa with vegetables and scrambled eggs
And finally, the option for vegans (those who do not eat animal products):
- Breakfast: Whole grain bread sandwich, tomato, and avocado.
- Snack: A handful of nuts and a vegetable drink
- Lunch: Lentil salad with brown rice and mushrooms
- Afternoon snack: A handful of nuts
- Dinner: Pea cream soup with seaweed, wheat germ, and corn tortillas
These healthy meal options will help you provide your body with nutrients and keep your body in good shape. However, before embarking on a strict diet, we recommend that you consult with a nutritionist.